Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Black & White VS. Color

I am trying out a new look to my BLOG. I love the look of larger images, however, it will add some processing time to my work flow and I am not quite able to commit just yet. So here is for a trial run.

After I do a session, I download all the images onto my computer. After marking my favorites I go thru my images and see what they look like in black and white. I am surprised that some images look WONDERFUL in black and white. I personally love the timeless, classic feel that b&W can give to an image. And some images don't look good in black and white at all. Of course this is all relative. It will vary from person to person and this is just my personal opinion.

I have taken this photo down below for instance...in color first. Cute isn't it. I like the brown and blues...the orange football off to the side.

Photobucket

But I REALLY liked this in B&W for some reason. I have noticed that I really like my kandids in black and white for that classy feel. :)

Photobucket
Another wonderful things is.....A photo like this.....

Photobucket

Doesn't look quite so scary in black & white...a face my four year old likes to pull often!

Photobucket
So play around with it. Enjoy. Experiment. You'll like what you find :)

No comments: